LAW FIRM HELPS EL PASO ENTREPRENEURS WIN BIG
El Paso, TX (July 27, 2022) – Vela Wood is a boutique corporate law firm that practices in the areas of corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, trademarks and advertising, and sports and gaming and is helping entrepreneurs in the Borderplex region win major venture capital deals with corporate America.
Vela Wood has two attorneys in the El Paso office, Jeff Villalobos and Hugo Ramirez, who are helping entrepreneurs with startup legal services that include:
• Entity formation and corporate governance;
• Commercial contracts and website agreements;
• Venture financing; and
• Intellectual property protection.
Vela Wood has assisted in big wins for local entrepreneurs that include:
• Representing Parabeac, a SaaS company that helps app development teams automate their design to development workflow, which has raised over $1.2M and recently received $100K from Google for Startups.
• Representing InternBytes, a platform for closing the wealth gap through internships, secured Amazon as their first customer and will connect Hispanic college students with their internship opportunities at Amazon.
• Facilitating the “El Paso Día de los Muertos and “El Paso Pitch” networking and pitch events where local and regional entrepreneurs receive over $60,000 in non-dilutive cash prizes.
“We are excited to play an integral role in the Borderplex startup ecosystem and assist clients in securing venture financing for their emerging tech startups or helping them with their corporate work and customer contracts. El Paso has untapped potential, and we want to help unleash that by giving startups the best service possible to help them succeed,” said Jeff Villalobos, Vela Wood SeniorAttorney.
If you are an entrepreneur in the Borderplex region and would like a consultation by phone on how to help scale your business, please contact Vela Wood at (915) 703-7720.
Vela Wood has an office in El Paso located at 2601 N. Stanton Street, Ste. A, El Paso, TX 79902, inside STTE Foundation, a startup coworking community that helps accelerate startups.
About Vela Wood Law
Vela Wood has offices in Dallas, Austin, San Diego, and El Paso and strives on building meaningful, long-lasting relationships with clients. Vela Wood hopes clients look back and say, “Vela Wood got us here.” At Vela Wood, they are constantly trying to reinvent what it means to practice law. They are exploring every avenue to make the firm a better place. For the team, for their clients, and for entrepreneurs. In 2021 VelaWood generated $155M in venture financing, with a total of 63 venture deals. Website: https://velawoodlaw.com/
About STTE Foundation
Founded in 2018, STTE (Success Through Technology Education) Foundation is a non-profit organization in El Paso, Texas, committed to enhancing the regional economy via STEAM and entrepreneurial programs. STTE is El Paso’s premier startup community helping accelerate emerging startups scale. Website: https://sttefoundation.org/