El Paso Chihuahuas
Get ready for El Paso Chihuahuas baseball! The Chihuahuas Team will be led by Pat Murphy. Murphy has over 25 years of Coaching experience behind him at Arizona State, Notre Dame and within the Padres organization. Murphy is a proven winner and it shows wonders of what a great front office the Chihuahuas have in such an early stage for El Paso. The goal of Triple-A baseball is to develop players for the major league. But that doesn’t mean Murphy will not focus on winning and bringing a winning team to the community.
The team has been at spring training since February and this inaugural season could not come sooner. April 28th is opening day for the El Paso Chihuahuas and there will be lots of giveaways during the first week of play. The Chihuahuas play host to Fresno at 7:05pm and every fan will receive a rally towel.
The specials for the season are as follows:
- Military Monday Presented By KPRR-FM and KHEY-FM – Military personnel receive a ticket in Zone E for $10 when they show their military ID.
- Seniors Eat Free Presented By Southwest Senior, KDBC-TV, KOFX-FM – Seniors receive a meal voucher for a jumbo hot dog meal, available at most concession stands.
- Kids Eat Free Presented By KINT-TV/Entravision – Kids 12 & under receive a meal voucher for Eat Well El Paso Kid’s Meal with ticket purchase.
- Thrifty Thursday Presented By KLAQ-FM – Available from 6 pm-8:30 pm ($2 12oz beers, $2 20oz soft drinks, $2 value size popcorn, $2 value size Chihuarrrines)
- Fetch the Fun Friday Presented By KTSM-FM, KTSM-TV – Giveaway: For first 2,000 fans on most nights. Promotion: A few dates have various entertainment acts and / or a giveaway
- Fireworks Saturday Presented By KSII-FM, KVIA-TV
- Kids Day Sunday Presented By El Paso Inc, KINT-TV, Entravision – Giveaway: First 2,000 fans 12 and under most Sundays. Post- Game: Kids Run the Bases, presented by Sierra Providence Health Network.
With many restaurant additions in the past year throughout downtown El Paso, a great dining experience followed by a baseball game sounds ideal. If you plan on eating at the game you can always experience something in the ever growing downtown nightlife scene as well. The city has been waiting for some additional sports and we have a great team and a nice new stadium to match. The excitement is already spreading throughout the city and April 28th cannot come soon enough. This new stadium should continue to bring new businesses and entertainment to the downtown area. New restaurants, new hotels and shops are already in the works and are great in stimulating the downtown economy of our city.