City Council schedule changed, takes effect this Tuesday
On June 25, 2013, City Council voted to reorganize the structure of the City Council meeting. The schedule for the City Council meetings will now be:
· Roll Call
· Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
· Ceremonial items (proclamations and Recognitions)
9:00a.m. or immediately following the Ceremonial items
· Business of City Council: actionable items
· Executive Session items will be considered after the business of Council is concluded.
12:15p.m. – 12:45p.m. Call to the public
If necessary, Council will stop the business of Council portion or delay the
Executive Session portion of the agenda to hear Call to the Public at 12:15p.m.
1:00p.m. Legislative Review of the Whole / Work Session (when items are scheduled)
1. Council items on upcoming issues
2. Staff updates on upcoming items
How to sign up for call to the public:
Online – www.elpasotexas.gov/muni_clerk/procedures_for_addressing_cc.asp
Email – email@example.com
Call City Clerk – (915) 541-4127
In person at City Clerk’s Office (located inside City Hall next to Council Chambers)
*Please note that individual’s need to sign up no later than 9:00a.m.,
no matter what method they choose.