Montwood Dr. Eastbound Lanes to Close
The public is advised that effective February 18, 2013, the eastbound lanes of Montwood Dr. will be closed to traffic from McRae Blvd. to Zanzibar Rd. over the next several months. These lane closures are necessary to expedite essential work for the Montwood Street and Drainage Improvement project.
To minimize the impact to traffic while advancing reconstruction activities, work will proceed on one half of the street at a time and the turn lanes will be reduced to one lane each direction.
- The westbound lanes along these street limits will remain open to traffic at this stage
- Access to driveways will be maintained
- The appropriate traffic control measures and detours will be installed
The project consists of substantial improvements along Montwood Dr. from McRae Blvd. to
Zanzibar Dr. to include the following:
- New concrete roadway pavement
- New ADA compliant sidewalks, curb and gutter and driveways
- Installation of a storm sewer system
- Replacement of water and sanitary sewer lines
- Increased capacity at the Eastwood Dam (located on Windrock)
- Street lights