4th Annual Cancer Awareness Community Event
Join us at Sierra Providence East Medical Center Friday, September 30 for a sunrise event you will never forget!
Friday, September 30 for a sunrise event you will never forget!
Schedule of Events
7:00am Del Valle High School Marching Ensemble performs to awaken your spirits and get you ready to walk! The Walk for Awareness begins on the walk path at the Hospital’s ER parking lot.
7:15am Honoree of Walk is announced and walk begins, lead by the 4-27 FA, 2/1AD.
7:30-9:30am Military display, information, screening fair and refreshments in the Healing Garden (North Side of hospital)
- Information on various forms of Cancer from our Partners
- Complete the Bone Marrow Registry with NAHN, to assist those who are diagnosed with cancer related diseases
- Mammograms – Bring your lab work, we can do the mammogram after you walk
- Skin cancer quick screen
- Lung capacity tests
- Talk to a Registered Dietician about foods and diet that can help you fight cancer
- Pre register for the American Cancer Society Making Strides event
- Learn About Breast Cancer from El Paso Susan G. Komen For The Cure
- Receive a FREE Chair massage from Massage Envy Spa
8:00am & 8:45am FREE Educational Seminar
Dr. Aloba, Oncology:
Classroom inside Hospital/ Signs & Symptoms of Cancer –
How To Be Cancer Aware at all stages of your life.
Ellen Kerr, RN, BSN Breast Health Navigator:
Outdoor Tenet/ Facts EVERYONE Should Know – A candid talk about breast. It impacts Men and Women!
How To Show Your Support
Attend this event on Friday, September 30 – commit to being Cancer Aware.
Participate in the Walk for Awareness on this day.
Purchase a raffle ticket or make a donation of any amount on the day of the event. Proceeds will help Cancer Organizations make a difference locally!
Need more information? Call 832-2702